iOS 7 Users: If you have updated your device to the new iOS 7 operating system, you may be experiencing APP crashes when accessing your Nassau Digital Doorway e-books. A fix is in the works on Apple’s side, but in the meantime they have suggested that patrons 1) re-Authorize their Adobe ID’s (instructions available here) and 2) uninstall and re-install OverDrive Media Console on the affected device.
Use Nassau Digital Doorway to browse and select from thousands of adult, young adult, and juvenile fiction (i.e. romances, mysteries, science fiction, humor) and non-fiction (i.e. biography, health and fitness, politics, sports) titles–including current best sellers and old classics–in both audio and e-book formats. Download up to five titles at once to your computer and enjoy them on your PC/Mac, a wide selection of portable devices (click here to see a complete list of compatible devices), or burn them directly onto a CD (when permitted by the publisher). All titles return themselves automatically–absolutely no late fines!
To access the Franklin Square Public Library’s digital audio and e-book collection you will need:
- A valid Franklin Square library card in good standing.
- A computer with Internet access (high speed connection preferred).
- Free downloadable software for the computer and/or device on which you wish to access the material from the site (available here).
- Downloading an Audio Book to an iPod
- Downloading an E-Book to the Nook (for newer versions that support Apps)
- Downloading an E-Book to the Nook (for older versions that do not support Apps)
- Downloading an E-Book to the Kindle
- Downloading an E-Book to the Sony Reader
- Downloading an E-Book to an iPad or iPhone