The Franklin Square Public Library offers its patrons (residents of School District 17) free passes to the following museums:
- Cradle of Aviation
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
- Long Island Children’s Museum
- Nassau County Museum of Art
- Old Westbury Gardens
- Vanderbilt Museum
Rules and Regulations
- Passes are available to Franklin Square Library card holders who are over 18 years of age and in good standing.
- Only one pass may be borrowed per person/family at a time.
- Each museum’s pass may be checked out once within a six month (to the day) period by each person/family.
- Museum passes circulate for 4 days only (this includes Sundays and holidays).
- Please call or check the website of the museum in advance of your visit to verify their operating hours and holiday closings.
- Passes may only be checked out using the card under which it was reserved.
- Passes may be picked up and returned at the Reference Desk. Passes may not be returned in the drop box.
- Passes are not renewable.
- Overdue fines are $2.00 a day.
- The patron is responsible for paying the full replacement cost of a lost pass.
PLEASE NOTE: There are a limited number of passes; failure to return a pass on time means that another family is inconvenienced.
How to Reserve a Pass Online
- Click on the Reserve Museum Passes Here link (located on the right hand toolbar)
- Use the drop down menu or calendar to find the date (generally available 6 months in advance) that you’d like to reserve the pass.
- Click the Reserve Pass button next to the name of the museum pass you wish to reserve. If the Request Pass button is missing it means that the pass has already been reserved by someone else and is therefore unavailable.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and make sure you see a Confirmation Page at the end of the reservation process.
- Pick up your pass at the Reference Desk on the date you have reserved (passes may not be checked out prior to this date).
- Please cancel your reservation if you cannot use the pass at the reserved time. If you fail to pick up or cancel a pass you will not be able to reserve it again for another 6 months. To cancel a pass 24 hours before your pick up date, click on the My Passes link located just below the calendar on the upper right hand side of the screen and follow all prompts. To cancel on the day of pick-up, please contact the library at (516) 488-3444.