The Franklin Square Public Library provides home delivery of Library materials for individuals who are unable to visit the Library due to disability or extended illness and have no other options with regard to picking up Library materials.
The guidelines for this program are as follows:
- All potential homebound patrons must be residents of School District 17 and have a current Franklin Square library card.
- Only books and books on CD may be requested.
- Patrons may request specific titles, however, the Library cannot guarantee than an item will be available immediately upon request. Suggested reads, based on the patron’s reading preferences, can be compiled by the Librarian.
- Some new items may not be available to homebound patrons due to their popularity and limited borrowing times.
- 7-day books may not be loaned through the homebound program.
- Interlibrary loan is discouraged.
- There is no limit (within reason) to the number of items borrowed per visit.
- Standard borrowing times are followed for all items checked out by homebound patrons. Items may be renewed provided there are no outstanding reserves.
- Delivery and pick up of items to homebound patrons is dependent upon the availability and schedule of the deliverer.
To enroll in this program, contact Librarian Mary La Rosa at 516-488-3444.