Receiving Text Message Notifications
Receive text messages indicating when reserves are ready to be picked up and when items are approaching their due dates. Standard messaging rates apply.
- Open the My Library Account page (a button to the My Library Account page is also available on the right side of every page of our website and on the ALIScat site).
- Enter your 14 digit Franklin Square Library Card barcode number (without spaces) and your PIN (see above). Click Select.
- Click on the Modify Personal Information button.
- Enter your Mobile Phone Number.
- Under the Mobile Alerts Via SMS heading, select the Click to Opt In option.
- Read all terms and conditions and select Opt In.
- Please remember to log out of your account when you are finished using the Log Out button.
Renewing Items via Text Alerts
You must already be signed up for text message notifications to renew items via text alerts. See above for directions. Some items are not eligible for renewal including, but not limited to, overdue items, items with holds waiting, and items already renewed up to their limit. Standard messaging rates apply.
- When you receive a text message notification that your item is nearly due, reply to that text message with the word RENEW.
- Once the system attempts to renew your items, you will receive one of the following two messages:
- Your items could not be renewed (no items may be renewed)
- (x) of (y) items were renewed (some or all were renewed)