Who are the Friends of the Library?
The Friends of the Library are a group of volunteers who work to strengthen the Library’s resources and provide additional services designed to better serve the public.
What services have the Friends of the Library provided thus far?
- sponsored the purchase of two separate museum passes
- sponsored a visit by children’s author David Adler to the Library
- sponsored a visit and luncheon featuring author Eleanor Kuhns
- purchased a LCD Flat Screen Monitor for the Library’s vestibule
- purchased a Nook and Kindle for public circulation
How do the Friends of the Library raise necessary funds?
In order to raise the funds needed for their programs and services, the Friends of the Library have organized a series of successful book sales and bake sales. In addition, they have also sold raffles at the Lion’s Club and Kiwanis Street Fairs.
What are the Friends of the Library up to next?
- Author Luncheon with Christina Baker Kline (The Orphan Train)
- Date: Saturday, April 12
- Time: 12PM to 3PM
- Place: Plattduetsche Park Restaurant
- Cost: $35 per person
- Registration begins Monday, January 6, 2014
Want to join?
The Friends of the Library are always happy to accept new members–especially those with school-age children so as to better represent all segments of the Franklin Square community. Meetings have thus far been held on Thursday mornings, however, current members are open to alternating daytime and evening meetings. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Friends of the Library please call Library Director Lisa Paulo at 516-488-3444 or e-mail her at LPaulo@franklinsquarepl.org.
President: Jean Stevens
Vice President: Winnie Blumenstetter
Treasurer: Grace Gustafson
Recording Secretary: Betty Belford
Corresponding Secretary: Alan Gustafson